Equipped to Handle All Custom Alterations
Viva’s Tailor alters a variety of garments for men, women and children. Whether you need to alter your wedding or graduation gown, professional business suit or favourite outfit from your wardrobe. We also replace zippers on pants, skirts, dresses as well as jackets (including winter coats). We carry most different kinds of zippers on the market and we’re equipped to handle all of your alteration needs!
Just come in and pay us a visit or contact us for more information including our availability, pick-up times and estimates on labour costs and expected turnaround times.
A Few Helpful Alteration Tips:
- We recommend you give yourself plenty of time if you are having a garment altered for a special occasion (wedding, prom, graduation, anniversary, job interview, etc.). Don’t wait until the last minute! Check our availability well in advance and schedule an appointment for a convenient pick-up or fitting time.
- Take your garments for a professional alteration rather than doing it yourself. Although you may be tempted to try to make an alteration yourself in order to cut a few corners, a professional will ensure fewer mistakes and a better overall look and fit, which could end up saving you more money in the long run.
- Give yourself the necessary amount of time for fittings and be sure to try on the altered garment to ensure you’re completely satisfied with our services before you take it home (whenever possible).
- Do shop around and get a few estimates on what you’d like to have altered, but also check years of experience, local reviews, references and referrals from friends or family members you trust because lower costs don’t always mean the same attention to detail and amount of personalized service.
- Be aware that certain alterations to specific types of garments are not always possible and plan accordingly.